Working and spending extended periods as Rhonda has given me insights I would have never known otherwise. Will I ever fully appreciate what womanhood entails – not likely because my mind-set does not go there.
Listed below are some of the complexities I have felt and/or are acknowledged as the feminine reality. To know, is to appreciate this part of the feminine differential.
- Womanhood is a constant struggle between your heart and mind.
- Womanhood is a continuous shuffle between rigidity and fragility.
- Womanhood is a frequent shift between sensibility and sensitivity.
- Womanhood is alternating between stiffness and submissiveness.
- Womanhood is being subject to cultural sexism and harassment.
- Womanhood is balancing being attractive and being taken seriously.
- Womanhood is being constantly aware of your physical appearance and surroundings.
- Womanhood is about competing with younger women, for jobs and attention on only appearance.
- Womanhood is being afraid to express opinions for fear of being aggressive or not liked.
- Womanhood is being paid 18% less than a man doing the same job.
- Womanhood is about living these complexities and striking a balance.
As with the Starship Enterprise, let us "Explore strange new worlds... to boldly go where no man has gone before." But most important - Let our exploration be with understanding, appreciation and awe.
Post a Comment