One of my loyal readers commented that we are numb from the Republican attacks. My posts were:
Denying The Existence of Transgender People
Numb - (adjective) deprived of the power of sensation
- (verb) deprive of feeling or responsiveness.
It is true, we are numb. The attacks have been furious and mean. Football players when injured have been known to take painkilling numbing agents. When numb they can play (ignoring reality) as the injury, although not felt, became exacerbated.
Ignoring the pain that the Republican party wants to inflict upon the transgender community is not going to make it go away. The next day a “numbed-up” player has twice the pain. Perhaps, a permanent injury now.
If no one speaks up the radical right they will continue to push hot buttons that enrage their one issue minions. Contrary to what they say, the agenda is not abortion, transgender rights, immigration, etc. It is power! They will do/say anything to achieve and hold power. E.g. denying the January 6 insurrection.
They are cowards/bullies and will move on to another agenda once pushback becomes manifest.
What we can do:
- Do not support candidates that espouse a radical agenda or tell lies.
- Do not support a party that wants to deny our existence.
- Speak up to friends, colleagues and help them understand the danger the democracy faces.
- Contribute as you can to causes and candidates that support "center" politics.
- Volunteer to help candidates that support "center" politics.
- Support reforms that will dismantle the two-party system.
- Vote in local elections – State representatives now have the power to take political control of vote counting.
- Be vigilant. Be visible
- Stay calm – America is not as radical and hateful as these crazy minority candidates preach. Hate and division is their only tool.