I received questions on what some of the "Year in Review" photos represented. Here is a particle list and other "ESCAPES" in 2023. It was a very good year.
What is your Escape challenge for 2024?
With three others I was honored at the Palm Beach Legacy evening. There was an interview on video that was edited to 20 minutes, presented publicly and sent to the national archives. I was allowed to be the concluding speaker and several of my family member were in attendance that evening.
- Had my semi-annual Doctor's visit / checkup on "National Wear A Dress" day. Yes, I did.
- Attended the National "Pink Retreat" with 600 other women. A weekend event in Palm Beach. It is held annually for Lilly Pulitzer fashion enthlasis.
- Attended two Polo Matches. One with my Meetup "Girlfriends..." Group and the other to see The National Championship Gay Polo League (GPL) event in Wellington FL.
- Shopped, negotiated and purchased a car.
- Member of three Women's Meetup groups and attended numerous lunches, dinners, wine-tastings, polo, and a picnic evening at the beach for the full moon-rise.
- Served on the Board of Palm Beach County HRC and was elected Assistant Secretary this year.
- Participated in numerous candidate interviews for the purpose of Palm Beach County HRC election endorsements.
- Attended the West Palm Beach City Council meeting where the mayor presented to Palm Beach County HRC a "key to the city". This was in recognition for 35 years of its work supporting the LGBTQ community.
- Attended numerous Mercedes "RoadStar" club events and served as Vice-President and board member. Planned and hosted two club events this year.
- Interviewed for "At-large Board Member" for the National Mercedes Club of America. Was told I was runner up.
Dinners with Friends
at Raindancer and Colony
- Had my second annual Mammogram; negative.
- Attended four Chamber Music concerts at White Hall, Flagler Museum, Palm Beach.
- Attended an Art Gallery opening with my grandson. After we hand dinner in Palm Beach.
- Was interviewed by my childhood home town newspaper while attending my High Scholl Reunion. A wonderful article was written and published. Keep in mind this area of Virginia is very "red" and I was given an opportunity to speak directly, through print, to many who may have never listened to but one side.
- Attend an all weekend (three events) High School Reunion. Served on the organization committee for the weekend's events.
- Participated in a Harley, "Ride For The Cure", 100 mile motorcycle group ride.
- Continued part-time work at my mall's Soma Intimates store and helped at the the Mall's Talbots women's fashion store for a few months.
- Had a discussion with the West Palm Beach Mayor and thanked him for his support for the LGBTQ community.
- Volunteered to help at my local community's LGBTQ center, "Family Night" dinner.
- Continue to serve on the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) Foundation Board of Directors. We oversee endowments, donations, and cooperate research grants.
It Was A Very Good Year!