Supposedly, humans have strong preference for symmetry, but no one has figured out why. It was once thought to be a sign of health, but there is much debate about that theory.
Perhaps the reason is simply that symmetry is just so familiar. Think about it; How many time have you arranged a shelf so so that items on the right balance with items on the right. Yes, symmetry.
The photo above is a Lauren Ralph Lauren
According to science asymmetry get your attention; it’s edgy, bold, and says one thing loud and clear; “I don’t need to be like everyone else.”.
I love the look.
|Amazon - LACOZY Women's Waffle|
Knit Off The Shoulder Tops
Knot Batwing Shirt Tunic Blouse
Off-The-Shoulder Top that I wore to my Mercedes club dinner event last Sunday. It has one side that falls off the shoulder, one sleeve is longer than the other and the hem falls on the diagonal. Lots of stuff going on.
Recently I have purchased several sweater from Amazon that have done the same with off-the-shoulder and full arm opening on one side.
Here are 5 reason from Fasionnia on "Why does Fashion Love asymmetry?"
1. Asymmetry is unexpected, and great style is never boring. Off-center buttons make this chambray shirt so much more interesting.
2. Uneven hemlines are perfect for covering your assets.
3. Asymmetry can be bold and dramatic. One shoulder dresses are perfect for making a grand entrance whether for daytime or for the evening.
4. An asymmetric cut-out elevates basic style.
5. Asymmetrical style is subtly sexy. As popular as it is with celebrities on the red carpet, I find the “nude” dress trend to be tasteless. For most of us, a little shoulder exposure or a discreet cut-out is a sensuous enough.
Fun Fashion play - What do you think?