This is an amazingly well written scientific discussion on the above subject. Please read the scientific evidence that supports the stated conclusions shown below. A very interesting discussion. Please comment.
BY: ARIEL JEAN
AUGUST 4, 2020
|Dr. Renée Richards - 1975|
But people are seriously up in arms over this, so I guess we’re talking about it now. The main arguments appear to be that trans women are at an apparent advantage over cis women because of greater bone density, muscle mass, and differences in hormone levels. So let’s tackle each of these.
So now that we have all that out of the way, let’s review what we’ve learned so far.
- Male and Female times only differ by around 10%
- That margin keeps narrowing as more female athletes enter competitions
- Transgender women have lower bone density, muscle mass, strength, and testosterone than men to begin with
- Trans women are required to be on HRT and have their testosterone in normal female ranges prior to competition
- Is HRT enough to sufficiently narrow that 10% gap?
- I can only assume so looking at our mediocre averages
- Oh and also women are for more capable than we’re given credit, and that will be shown in due time