What are you going to do if cross-dressing is outlawed?
|A police officer arrests a male cross-dresser|
in a ball gown, circa 1940.
Think it can not happen? THINK AGAIN!
A separate CNN analysis by Giselle Rhoden includes a map of more than 150 anti-LGBT bills introduced at the state level so far this legislative session. They range from restricting access to gender-affirming health care for minors to excluding transgender children from athletics. Some examples:
- A Georgia bill similar to Florida's bill restricting discussion of LGBT topics.
- An Idaho bill that could punish medical personnel who provide gender-affirming health care and parents who agree for their children to receive such care with up to life in prison.
- A new executive order issued by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott to launch child abuse investigations into parents seeking gender-affirming medical treatment for trans children.
- An Iowa ban on transgender women and girls taking part in girls' sports at public schools.
- A Tennessee ban on any discussion, textbook or instructional materials on "LGBT issues or lifestyle" in public schools.
- An Oklahoma proposal to ban some public school libraries from keeping books about "the study of sex, sexual preferences, sexual activity, sexual perversion, sex-based classifications, sexual identity, or gender identity or books that are of a sexual nature that a reasonable parent or legal guardian would want to know of or approve of prior to their child being exposed to it."