|Jeffrey Carlson as character Zoe - 2006|
All My Children (often shortened to AMC) is an American television soap opera that aired on ABC for 41 years, from January 5, 1970, to September 23, 2011, and on The Online Network (TOLN) from April 29, 2013, to September 2, 2013. Set in the fictional East Coast suburb Pine Valley, All My Children is the decades-old, risk-taking soap that centers around Erica Kane and her long line of husbands. The actress Susan Lucci played the lead character for 956 episodes, 1970-2011. TV Guide ranked Lucci number 37 on its 50 Greatest TV Stars of All Time list.
From November 29, 2006 to April 26, 2007 Jeffrey Carlson played Zarf/Zoe. A fictional character and is credited as the first transgender character to appear on a soap opera. Beginning as male Zarf and transitioning to the female character Zoe. The character was originally a cameo role named Zarf. I remember watching this whenever convenient and being impressed with how beautiful Zoe appeared and and how well he played the character.
Useful information about the character Zarf/Zoe:
- Zarf is a rock star.
- Zarf is a transgendered person
- Zarf meets and falls instantly in love with Bianca a lesbian character
- Zarf romantic feelings for Bianca give Zarf the courage to come out as a transgender lesbian named Zoe
- Zoe begins the process of transitioning from male to female in the show
- Zoe returns to her home in London to continue her transition and begin work on a new album as a female musician.
A beautiful music video.
Super rock star, Zarf, has been living under false pretenses since arriving in Pine Valley. As the New Year approaches, she reveals her true self.