I love my new Pikolinos boots and have been playing around with looks that I think will work. I found an old Lauren Denim Skirt that still fits. A wonder within it self, after this holiday food fest. My skirt is very much like the one on the layout with a just a little more flair at the hem. It is below the knee and just above the top of the boots. It is the belt that makes the outfit with the two off-the-shoulder tops tucked in.
I do have trips coming up to the frozen north next month and the skirt and sweater combination may be my traveling outfit. At least on those trips, with my new winter coat, I will not look like a complete dork while waiting for the car rental bus.
I was looking for advice on how to wear boots and came across these good suggestions on The Stir blog.
There aren't a lot of rules that go along with wearing boots with skirts or dresses. It's perfectly acceptable to mix and match lots of dress and skirt lengths with all boot heights. And that's good news cause you can't really mess this look up too badly.
Five basic guidelines:
- Match your boot style with your dress/skirt style: This is sort of obvious but worth considering -- try to keep your dress or skirt in the same style range as your boots. In other words, don't wear thick chunky motorcycle boots with a party dress or elegant stiletto-heeled boots with a garden dress.
- Skirt or dress length: When wearing tall knee-high boots, there should be a few inches of "leg peek" between the top of the boot and the hemline. Same goes for long skirts with mid-calf boots, etc. This is more flattering and less nun-like.
- Bare legs or not: To go bare legged or not is really a preference. When you're going to work and/or it's cold outside, most women probably prefer to wear tights or leggings with their skirts and boots. However, when your day is casual and the weather is fair, make the choice that works best for you.
- Have fun with colored or patterned tights. Playing around with tights in great colors or patterns can add a bit of texture or playfulness to your outfit. This is the only time of year you can strut around in tights, so you might as well go with it -- and you'll stay warmer, too!
- Lighten up: We're about to show you some great examples of how to mix and match; however, take care not to drab yourself down with all-dark colors. A black dress atop black tights atop tall black boots is bleck! Too dreary. Lighten up your ensemble with a pale sweater, a colored coat, or tights in a rich color -- and don't be afraid to wear brown boots with black or gray.
What a beautiful put together look!
I read your blog, its really awesome, I love it.
When you have a motorcycle, it is important that you invest in a good pair of motorcycle boots. It has to have specific features that will protect your feet during the ride.
There is no denying that wearing skirts add glamour and style to your appearance. The outfit makes you look extremely attractive and dazzling to turn many eyeballs to you.ReplyDelete
dr martens outlet
Pointy toe and stiletto thigh high boots are highly favored by many women. Do you know that these boots are meant to show off your sex appeal?http://campingstyle.co.uk/best-walking-boots-under-100-reviews/ReplyDelete
The best dress skirt for the taller woman is the flared skirts which will usually complement their body style.African AttireReplyDelete
I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... work Boots for Motorcycle RidingReplyDelete