During the runup of the '24 election, we are going to hear the term Fascism thrown around a lot. We need to understand how this philosophy could relate to our future.
BY: Rhonda Williams 12/13/2022
A political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, [with] severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition. (Merriam-Webster)
Fascism dictates its narrow policies without regard for the majority's will.
| Benito Mussolini as dictator of |
Italy and the principal founder of
fascism. He inspired and supported
the international spread of the
Here is my short list of evidence of what is happening:
- The Republican-Fascist Party wants to regulate a woman's body to have control over her reproductive decisions. The percentage of Americans who consider themselves "pro-choice" has risen in the past year to 55%, its highest level in decades, according to a Gallup poll.
- The Republican-Fascist Party favors policies that put business interests ahead of environmental concerns, labor union interests, healthcare benefits, and retirement benefits. Pew-Research: Two-thirds of U.S. adults say the federal government is doing too little to reduce the effects of global climate change.
- The Republican-Fascist Party is working to undermine civil rights. They disagree with a Pew Research study that states that 57% majority of Americans say the country needs to continue making changes to give blacks equal rights with whites, while 37% think the country has made the changes needed to give blacks equal rights with whites.
- The Republican-Fascist Party wants to dilute history that reflects negatively on current policy - i.e: Critical Race Theory.
- The Republican-Fascist Party wants to take away parental choices and support as to the raising of transgender youth. The National Center for Transgender Equality found transgender individuals were nine times more likely than the general population to attempt suicide without support.
- The Republican-Fascist Party desires to repeal the Democrats’ newly-passed drug pricing measure. Support for the bill, included 69% of Democrats and 34% of Republicans, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll conducted Aug. 3 and 4. Plus Republican-Fascist Party has made many efforts to repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) with nothing to replace it. This would make many "un-insurable at any cost", due to pre-existing conditions.
- The Republican-Fascist Party has not dismissed Sen. Rick Scott's called for putting Medicare and Social Security on the chopping block every five years. Sen. Ron Johnson has gone even further and said Medicare and Social Security should be put up for a vote every single year. This would put many retired individuals who depend on Social Security into poverty. Support holds true across party lines (those agreeing include 87% of Democrats, 81% of Independents, and 72% of Republicans).
- The Republican-Fascist Party is making every effort to dilute minority voting and undermine confidence in any vote that does not provide their expected results. In states where the Republican-Fascist Party has control, they have drawn congressional maps to favor their party, eliminating fair representation.
- The Republican-Fascist Party is opposed to limiting assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines although over 60 percent in the US supports banning or controlling access to military assault weapons. (Pew)
- The Republican-Fascist Party is still standing by the "Stolen Election" script. Voters also overwhelmingly disapprove of their encouragement of the violent protests at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 by a 55-point margin. Voters disapprove of GOP objections to the Electoral College by a 21-point margin, and Republican claims that the election was stolen by a 19-point margin.
- Lastly, a strong majority of likely voters disapprove of the policy priorities that Republicans have pursued over the past years. The most unpopular policies polled were tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy. Voters disapproved of these policies by a 58-point margin, and a 57-point margin, respectively.
The above list goes on as unpopular policies continue to be supported by the Republican-Fascist Party. Remember the Republican-Fascist Party is a minority party taking into account Demoratics and moderates.
|On March 26, 2000,|
Vladimir Putin was elected
President of Russia.
Inaugurated on May 7, 2000
On average last year, 37% of Americans described their political views as moderate. This percentage is evenly divided among those who identify as either the Democratic Party or the Republican Party.
E.g. - According to the Renew Democracy Initiative: Dictators [fascist rulers] may rise to power in a democracy through several ways. One way is the result of political polarization, where the competing political sides no longer want to cooperate with one another, allowing violent or extremist groups to take over politics. The other way, elites first grab on to power via democratic means [elections], then strip away democratic rights. [the Florida / DeSantis way]